Are you interested in accelerator physics and want to support research done at the Institute for Nuclear Physics? Then we might have the possibility for you to learn a lot by working on a special place.
To ensure a reliable 24/7 operation of the accelerator and the experiments at most days of the year we need your help as a “studentische Hilfskraft” (HiWi). The main task is to supervise our liquid helium refrigerator and beam times at the S-DALINAC.
- Interest to learn a lot and work on a technical facility
- Reliable behavior and the will to improve your knowledge over time
- Technical understanding and fun on hands-on work
- Student of TU Darmstadt in a technical course of studies
- You should be at least in your last two semesters of the bachelor studies or later
- You have not worked as a HiWi at TU Darmstadt for more than two years
- You will stay at TU Darmstadt to complete your studies (bachelor or master) for at least two more years
- German skills at a level of a native speaker
- Participation on our training courses on a regular basis (typically monthly)
- Willing to work 12 h shifts (mostly overnight)
Some background in natural science or engineering is benefitial. If you want to know more about this position please contact us. We do need new HiWis several times of a year.